The Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology is a multidisciplinary science program that integrates research with active learning. The social sciences are an essential part of UNC Charlotte’s leadership role in many research areas, and your gift will directly affect UNC Charlotte students, faculty and staff in the following ways:
- Ongoing research – While government and corporate investments contribute to the department’s ongoing research, private investments remain essential. Your gift will support crime-related research, including prisoner re-entry, racial profiling, violence prevention, international terrorism, and substance abuse.
- Student Support – Often students cannot afford to travel to national and international scientific conferences, where they can learn from top researchers in their specialty, strategize with their peers, and preview post-doctoral opportunities in their fields. Your gift will provide the means for these undergraduate and graduate students to travel and attend these professional workshops.
- Community Outreach – The Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology collaborates with local agencies in the region to work on research projects to improve service delivery. Your gift will enrich these relationships as well as provide the time and space needed for further fostering these relationships.
- Physical Plant - Modern computer crime analytic laboratories need state-of-the-art equipment and workspace for faculty, their teams, and teaching. Your gift will buy lab equipment, teaching aids and building space for growing research teams at UNC Charlotte.
- Study Abroad - Several students each year seek to study overseas in one of our study abroad programs. These opportunities provide students with global viewpoints of how criminal justice agency personnel function to control crime. Your gift will be helpful in supporting education related to the globalization of crime.
Your tax-deductible gift will make cutting edge research possible and help generate the next generation of scientists and educators.
How to Give:
To donate via credit card, please click on the green “Give Now” box below and follow these instructions:
- Under Gift Amount and Designations, enter the amount you wish to give and then select Other Colleges and Units.
- Scroll to bottom and select Other Area Not Listed and then Continue.
- In the box to the right of Other Designation Not Listed type in Fdn Discretionary Criminal Justice #448311
- Under Payment Frequency, select the payment type and complete the form.
Please enclose this form with your check made payable to “UNC Charlotte Foundation” and mark Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology Discretionary Fund on the Memo line. Please mail to:
Office of University Development
9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28223
If you or your spouse/partner work for company that matches your charitable gifts, you may be able to increase the size of your donation through a matching gift. Search our online database to see if your organization participates.
Gifts made to create an endowed fund are invested for perpetuity. A portion of the earned income is then used to support the fund’s purpose. Any excess earnings are reinvested, allowing the fund to grow. Endowments may be created for student scholarships and fellowships, faculty chairs and professorships, or many other purposes.
Planned gifts include gifts of marketable securities such as stocks and bonds; estate gifts through a bequest in a will or through a trust; charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts that provide a lifetime income stream to the donor; and other gifts of real estate or tax-deferred retirement assets. For more information, please go to plannedgiving.uncc.edu.