Declarations for new majors: Students can begin submitting declaration applications as soon as grades are posted on transcripts. Check your transcript regularly to see when the major appears. Students will not receive any type of notifications, therefore it is the student's responsibility to monitor their status!
**** If you are wanting to declare the CRIME ANALYTICS CONCENTRATION, you will need to state this clearly in your declaration application along with the other information that is needed for the declaring process.****
CJUS Curriculum - Effective Fall 2017
Procedure to Declare the CJUS Major
1. Complete the Requirements for Declaration. Completion of the below courses with a grade of C or above in each course. Students are allowed no more than two attempts at all core classes required to be admitted to the major (grades of D, F, and W all count as attempts).
- Foundations of Criminal Justice (CJUS 1100/1511)- grade of C or better must appear on your transcript
- Criminological Theory (CJUS 2340)- grade of C or better must appear on your transcript
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice (CJUS 2370) or other approved course – grade of C or better must appear on your transcript
- Professionalism in Criminal Justice (CJUS 1200) – grade of C or better must appear on your transcript
- Statistics (STAT 1222, 1220, or 1221) – grade of C or better must appear on your transcript
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.0 and a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all CJUS coursework must appear on your transcript at the time you declare
2. Once you have completed all of the above requirements, you can send an email to email@example.com from your UNCC Email to request the CJ major. In this email, you must include your full name, student ID number, and the following statement: "I would like to add Criminal Justice as a major." If you want to pursue the Crime Analytics Concentration please include that statement as well. The subject line must read: CJUS MAJOR DECLARATION. If you do not use this subject line, your request may be missed.
* If you want us to drop your current major, include that statement as well. (For example, "I would like to add Criminal Justice as a major and drop my current major of .") Do not include this statement if you intend to double major.